Thursday 16 November 2017

Have I Outgrown #NaNoWriMo?

We have passed the halfway point for #NaNoWriMo 2017, and I have to say I am really not engaging with it. My novel has not yet reached 20,000 words, I find lots of distractions keeping me away from my manuscript, and I simply cannot be bothered with it this year. I wrote about it yesterday on my SpookyMrsGreen blog, and one of the comments gave me food for thought: have I outgrown NaNoWriMo?  


 I already know the answer to that question: yes! You see, I don’t need the monthly wordcount challenge to force me to write my books. Since I first joined NaNoWriMo back in 2011, I have written about a dozen novels that are in various stages of editing. I have published half a dozen novels and short stories, along with hundreds of blog posts on various platforms. I don’t need NaNoWriMo anymore, and I feel a little bit sad. But mostly I feel relieved. I will still write my novel, of course. It has been requested by my loyal fans, and I cannot disappoint them. But I will do it in my own time, when I feel ready. Enjoy your month, my friends! Do share your thoughts about NaNoWriMo in the comments below.


Have you discovered the Redcliffe novels? Sign up today, and receive your fabulous FREE book to get you started… (be warned, my vampires do not sparkle, and my wolves will bite!) 

No comments:

Post a Comment