Wednesday 5 November 2014

Love Kills in the Hump Day Hook #HDH #ASMSG


Greetings my friends, and welcome to this week’s edition of the Hump Day Hook. Today I show an excerpt from book 2 in the Redcliffe novels series. Here is a snippet from Love Kills (A Redcliffe Novel). Our heroine, Jessica Stone, has returned to the werewolf lair for the first time since she discovered the secrets of her town. And now she faces a new challenge in the form of the werewolf alpha, Danny Mason.


We were back in the entrance hallway, the one where I had almost died.  I stopped in the middle of the room, staring down at a dark stain on the flags.  This was my blood.  I had lain here, bleeding from the neck and stomach, when Danny had fought Seamus Tully to the death.  Closing my eyes I could hear the dim sounds of snarls and growls, turning to howls as wolves were slain.  Simon and Sally had been injured but they healed quickly, so when they visited me in hospital it seemed like I was the only one to suffer.  I took a few deep breaths, and when I opened my eyes Danny was standing silently beside me.  I hadn’t even felt his presence.
“The floor has been cleaned several times.” Danny said, looking down at the stain.
            “A permanent reminder I suppose.” I said lightly, though my voice quivered.
“Come, Jessica, let us return to the pub.” Danny said, taking my hand and gently leading me towards the door across the room.
I nodded.
“Yes,” I said, “I need a drink.” 


If you enjoyed this one, why not pop over to our dedicated Hump Day Hook blog and see what my fellow authors have to offer. We write about romance, love, science fiction, fantasy, erotica and everything in-between, so you are sure to find something that delights the senses. You can also find us on Facebook. Happy Humping!

1 comment: