Monday 4 November 2013

Picking Up the Pace #NaNoWriMo 2013

So, we are on day 4 of National Novel Writing Month 2013, and while I am still behind on my daily word count, I feel positive and happy that the manuscript is progressing nicely. I had not really planned out Redcliffe book 4. Well, I did make some notes last year, but then I changed the ending to Love Redeems (A Redcliffe Novel) and that totally threw out my original story line. I had intended for Jessica Stone to be turned into a vampire during the final battle scene in Love Redeems. She didn’t (sorry if I spoiled it for you!). Therefore I now move forward into book 4 with a different version of events, and a new adventure to create.


I actually enjoy the process of free writing. This is where you sit down at your computer, or you pick up your pen, and you just write. There is no thinking ahead, no planned story map or bullet points, just write. Using this process I have already penned (well, typed) almost 4000 words and am quite pleased with what has come out. Jessica is currently experiencing the aftermath of her revelations from the Redcliffe trilogy. She made a lot of supernatural discoveries within a very short space of time, and she lost someone close. Her friendships are forever altered, she is not the same person that she was six months ago, and she is still evolving. There is a lot to learn, and a lot more to discover in the apparently sleepy Cornish seaside town of Redcliffe…

No comments:

Post a Comment