Friday 1 November 2013

A Slow Start to #NaNoWriMo 2013

Wow, has it been a year already? What have I been doing? Oh yes, publishing two novels, birthing one baby, mothering a young family and trying to stay sane in this crazy world! Well, here we are once again at NaNoWriMo, and I am back in the writing groove. I gave up on my previous manuscript while I was still pregnant because my Muse deserted me. I am slowly coaxing her back with promises of chocolate and wine, but she is hard to please. My children have not helped the cause today. We have just returned from a short holiday in the beautiful Scottish Borders. My toddler has been tired and grumpy all day, and my baby is breastfeeding every two hours and demanding cuddles inbetween. I finally resorted to typing one-handed just so I could actually get started with NaNoWriMo! Anyway, we are here, we have started, and it's all good. Here is my synopsis so far, for Redcliffe Book 4 (as yet untitled):
Let me consult my notes... this will be book 4 in the Redcliffe series, picking up where we left off in Love Redeems (A Redcliffe Novel)...Jessica comes to terms with her new status as vampire slayer and her metaphysical connection to Danny and his werewolf pack. Jack and his brother struggle to accept that she never knew she was a witch. Cue power struggles between the tiger and wolf, and damaged human relationships to repair.

No comments:

Post a Comment