Friday 28 June 2013

Book Review: One Soul to Share by Lori Devoti

Here is my review of the paranormal romance novella One Soul to Share by Lori Devoti:


A different story concept, not quite emotionally involved enough for me

I had quite high hopes for this novel, since the story was a little different to what I have come across before. I enjoyed reading it, and it didn’t take long to read either, but I did not feel drawn in as I would have expected. The characters seemed distant, perhaps intentionally due to their nature, but I just could not sustain that personal connection that I like to develop when I read a book. I probably identified best with the vampire Nolan, but I feel that overall the book could have done with a little more description in places, just to draw the reader in more closely. Still, I intend to try out some of the author’s other books, so it wasn’t that bad in the end!

No comments:

Post a Comment